blog background

Sunday, July 18, 2010

I don't know about you...

but I do not know where the time goes......
My younger brother... and his family are visiting us from Taiwan... I am spending as much time with them as we can... makes for busy weekends.. because I have to work during the week so our weekends are spent with them..... but they are here for 5 weeks... and this is the bright brown eyed girl that we have been waiting to play with for a long time...
This is Kadiya ... My brother Don and his Wife Kitty's Daughter... she is so sweet...
Today has kind of been a down time day.. if you can call it that... I visited my Grandma in the nursing home with BigK... Grandma has Alzheimer's... and it is bad.. but... I did get a glimmer of recognition when I said Hi Grandma.. it is Laurie.. she smiled... and said something but is almost non communicative... which is another hard thing... then after our visit.. I came home and Greg.. (my DH) told me that my older brother will be arriving at 2am.... ahhhh so had to get their bed all ready.. and make cookies with the boys... ..



they ever so worth heating up the house to make...

So know as BigK is swimming at a friends house and I am sitting here figuring out what to make for supper...when DH brings out Jerk Chicken marinating in the fridge... he made it while I was out... ahhhhh so now I just have to relax and have a drink.......
Take care everyone... and I am going to take a break and smell the flowers...and try to slow my life down just a little bit....
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Ooo anoter cookie recipe! Thanks, Laurie. Ny guy wants to make choc chip cookies then ice cream sandwiches out of them. Yum. That'll be this week I guess, now that we're home.

    ReplyDelete